Norton Security Installation Procedure
– Norton Setup –
– How to Install, Uninstall, and Reinstall Norton Security
Norton Security is the latest computer software security suite developed by Symantec. It works on MS Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS platforms. It’s available in three editions, as Norton Security Standard, Norton Security Deluxe, and Norton Security Premium. Norton Security Standard protects 1 (one) device only. Norton Security Deluxe is good for up to 5 devices, while Norton Security Premium includes protection for up to 10 devices. More about comparing the three security software packages can be found at our Norton Security Editions Compared page.
Below is more information about how to obtain your software after buying Norton Security. We also provide information about how to get the Norton product activation key, download software for additional devices, and how to reinstall Norton Security, if needed.
STEP 1 – Uninstall older Norton or other security software
Uninstall process on Windows based computers
(This is an optional step, but needed if any previous security software installation exists. This includes Norton security products other than Norton Security, or security products of other software makers like Avast, Avira, AVG, McAfee, Kaspersky, Panda, Trend Micro, ESET, F-Secure, etc.)
- Click on the start button in the bottom left-hand corner and click on the Control Panel.
- Once in the control panel, depending on which operating system is in use, do one of the following:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 – Open programs and features.
- Windows Vista – Open uninstall a program.
- Windows XP – Open add or remove programs.
- Once the directory of programs that are installed opens, click on the Norton program (or other software) to be removed, and click uninstall or remove.
- Click on Norton Complete Uninstall (or finish the uninstall process of non-Norton software being uninstalled).
- A Subscription Waiting Period Warning window will pop up; click next.
- Click on Restart Now. The software will not be completely uninstalled until the computer has been restarted.
Uninstall process on Mac OS X computers
- Remove an app by either:
- Uninstalling it via Launchpad (hold the icon down until all icons start to jiggle, and click the delete button (X).
- If there’s no delete button in the Launchpad, remove the app by using its uninstaller, or if that is not available, by moving the app into the Trash, and then by emptying the Trash.
- Restart action may or may not be needed.
STEP 2 – Install Norton Security
- Use this URL to get you to your Norton Account: https://norton.com/setup
- Enter the email address and password associated with the account
- Click onto the Sign In button
- When logging in for the first time after purchase, or at any time from a device that does not have Norton Security installed, you may get prompted to select one of the two choices: Install on this device or Install on another device
- Click Agree & Download to get the software downloaded and installed onto your current device
- If you close the window from the above step, you can always get back to it by going into the Devices tab. In any case, Norton account interface is very intuitive and features the Download button in tabs like Home, Devices, or Services.
- When you download the software onto your computer, you get Norton’s downloader program. Once you run it, the download and installation of your security software will start. Follow the on-screen instructions. Once finished, your Norton product will be installed and activated.
STEP 3 – Install Norton Security onto Additional Devices
If you need to install your Norton security software onto another device (computer or mobile), follow these simple steps:
- Log into your Norton Management console: https://manage.norton.com
- Right at your Management Home page, you’ll see a button that says Download Norton above which it says “Do you want to add more devices?“
- Click onto the button, select Install on another device tab, and follow the on-screen instructions (the procedure allows you to send installation link via email).
OPTIONAL – Retrieve Your Product Key
- For the Product key, log into your Norton Account,
- Click onto the Devices tab,
- Find the device you need a product key for and copy it by writing it down, or by doing highlight/copy/paste action. Your product key can also be accessed from the Services tab.
OPTIONAL – Download Norton Security first, Install, then Activate
- Download your Norton Security Software here: http://www.norton.com/latestns (Standard and Deluxe versions)
Download your Norton Security with backup Software here: http://www.norton.com/latestnsbu (Premium version)
- Once you download the installation file, double click on it to start the Norton Security install.
- Click on the User License Agreement, be sure to read it in full, and then close it.
- Click on agree and install Norton Security or Norton Security with Backup.
- Activate your Norton Security installation by entering the activation code you copied from your Norton Account.
You can purchase Norton Security at a lower price when you shop via NortonSecurityOnline.com. Most of the time we have instant discounts or coupon codes that can be used for additional savings. Save your money and get the best computer and mobile protection when you buy Norton Security software directly from Symantec.
Norton Internet Security Software developed by Symantec Corporation, is a computer program to provide prevention from malware, virus and other adware and removal during a subscription period, which uses signatures to verify viruses.
Its other features and functionality includes the products are personal firewall, email spam filtering and phishing protection.
Antivirus Security Software is the advanced computer software security suite offered by Symantec. The software can be access on MS Windows, Mac OS X, iOS platform and Android. The software is available in three different editions, which includes Security Standard, Security Deluxe and Security Premium. All the three edition works on different quantity of devices like Security Standard protects one device only and Security Deluxe software can work up to five devices.
How to setup Norton Security?
Before accessing the software, Norton Symantec Setup or seated properly correct instructions and methods otherwise the software won’t be able to perform correctly. Here you can find the methods with step by step instructions to setup Security Software-
Uninstall Other Security Software:
The method is an optional method that is required if you have older security software present in your computer system or device. To uninstall the software, you need to follow the following steps-
- First you need to click on “Control Panel”
- Then installed the directory of the program
- Once the directory has been installed, then click on antivirus software
- After this click on “Uninstall or Remove”
- Then you need to click on “Norton Complete Uninstall” option
- Once you done with the process you need to click on “Restart Now”
To install security software you need to remove an app by either following methods-
- Uninstalling it via Launchpad
- If there’s no delete button then remove the app by using its uninstaller
Install Security Software into Additional Devices:
To install your Security Software onto another device like computer, mobile etc. follow these simple steps mentioned below-
- Log into your “Norton Management Console
- After this you need to click onto the button, select Install on another device tab, and follow the on-screen instructions
Benefits of Norton Security Software:
The security software secures your devices like mobile, computers, laptops and other peripherals from online threats that enter your devices in the form of virus, malware and other adware. The antivirus is built with high-tech facilities and functionality. But make sure the software installed and seated properly otherwise it can lead you to the unfortunate situations including numeric error code and technical glitches.
To run such type of antivirus you can take Norton Technical Support by dialing a (1-844-777-7886) helpline number. If you are facing any issue or error while accessing the security software, you will be supported by the expertise and professionals at a single call with reliable technical support and immaculate guidance. The service is accessible 365 days round the clock to provide instant help with comprehensive assistance in order to cater antivirus user. The service holds a team of skilled technicians and professionals who have capability of handling and managing all sort of complicated issues and problems at any complex level at affordable charges.
Our More Techincal website:
If you are troubled about how to troubleshoot Norton antivirus software error with Microsoft Windows 10, then you not need to tense about common issues if you are facing. Norton support center provide you to help all your problems with your PC & Norton product. For that, you need to contact Norton antivirus support toll free number or Norton customer care number. or, if you need live real-time online Norton help then you have to login into www.norton.com/setup and This will take you to resolve all Norton problems.
Among some common and uncommon Norton errors and hues with Windows 10 are mainly due to compatibility issues, Norton Error Code 3048 3, Error Code 8504 104, Error Code 8506 421, Error Code 3039, Error Code 8505 etc.
Why sometime Norton errors occur during the installation process with Windows 10?
- Windows driver compatibility issues with download Norton antivirus product from norton.com/setup download
- Corrupt or incomplete Norton setup download
- Windows driver not updated
- Internet connection error when downloading from com/setup download
- Norton Retail card invalid, expired or already in use
You can find some more information about to resolve such above mentioned issues at Norton support center or you can contact Norton customer support number or call Norton toll free number. Or user can try some steps to fix such issues himself.
- Remove Junk file or temporary files & cookies
- Fresh download of Norton product copy
- Download windows 10 compatible version
- Internet connection working properly
- Internet Browser updated
- Check No blockage of port or Norton official websites
Norton mistake 3039 ready message show amid Norton item establishment in to client PC. This blunder crashes the Norton dynamic program establishment window then after PC runs gradually and
Intermittently “Hang” for a couple of moments at once.
Foundations for this Norton Error 3039
- Web association every now and again detached amid establishment process
- Degenerate download or inadequate establishment of Norton program
- Windows registry mistakes
- PC seriously tainted through infection and malwares programs.
- Confliction however preinstalled Norton item or other introduced software’s.
Norton Support specialists help you to investigate each of the conceivable to determine your Norton 3039 issues.
We are saying some of investigating steps and proposals as takes after:
Stage 1: Run windows Repair instrument for repair any registry mistake
Stage 2: Remove PC Junk, Temporary Files utilizing Disk Cleanup wizard
Stage 3: Rescan Hardware and programming manager& Update Your PC Device Drivers
Stage 4: Rescan Hardware and programming manager& Update Your PC Device Drivers
Stage 5: Update web program with most recent updates
Step6: Download and introduce Fresh duplicate of Norton item from www.norton.com/setup
Step7: Run Live Update