Norton is one of the most favored antivirus applications and there are millions of users across the globe who make use of this antivirus successfully. If you are new to this antivirus application but you don’t know how to Install Norton antivirus on Windows 10, no worries, this article will help you in explaining this process. Read this article, this will help you in completing this process.
Directions to follow:
If you have already turned ON your PC and the PC is connected to the internet, then, go to official website of Norton.
Once you are there, you need to login to Norton.
In case, you have signed up for the Norton antivirus, then, surely it will prompt you to log in. Next, it will ask you to enter your email id and password for Norton then press “Sign-in.”
In case, you don’t have Norton account, then you’ll need to click on the “Create Account” and then you have complete its sign-up process.
Once you open the Norton Setup window, then you have to click “Download Norton.”
If you are looking to install the new application that you haven’t registered with Norton account, then you have to press “Enter a new product key.”
After that, you have to press on “Agree and Download” option.
You can choose any of the options depends on your web browser.
- For Internet Explorer: Click Run.
- For Firefox or Safari: from the upper right section of the browser, you’ll need to press “Download” option to view the downloaded files, and then you have to press on a file you have downloaded.
If you get the User Account window on your screen, then, you have to press “Continue” and then follow the on-screen prompts.
Now you have successfully installed and activated the Norton antivirus application.
If you are using Norton antivirus application but you are facing the scanning error on your screen, surely, there is need of an instant solution. However, you are not aware of the solution. You don’t need to panic in this situation. Read this article where support team describes you how to fix Norton antivirus scanning error.
Directions to follow:
Process: 1 Restart your PC
First, it is required to close all the open windows on your PC.
Next, you have to “Restart” your PC.
Still, you find yourself in the same situation, then, move to the next step.
Process 2: Run Live Update
Open the Norton antivirus application; now go to the main window of this antivirus.
Once you do so, then press on “Security” and there you have to press on “Live Update”.
When you are done with the Live Update process, then you have to press on “Okay.”
Next, you have to run Live Update until you a message appears on your screen “your Norton product has the latest protection updates”
Now you have to close all the open windows and restart your PC and check if you face the same problem.
If you face the same issue, then, move on to the next step.
Process: 3 Download and run Norton Power Eraser
- First, you need to download Norton power eraser and then next press on “Save.”
- To run Norton Power Eraser, you need to double-click on NPE.exe file
- When the User Account window opens, then press “Yes” or “Continue”
- On next screen, you need to read the license agreement, and then click “Accept.”
- Next, you’ll need to click on “Scan for Risks” icon in the “Norton Power Eraser” screen.
- By default, the Norton Power Eraser will start a Rootkit scan and requires your PC to restart. When it asks you to restart your PC then you have to press “Restart.” In case, you don’t wish to run a Rootkit scan, then go to “Settings” and unmark the option “Include Rootkit Scan”.
- When you restart your PC, then a scan process starts automatically and you need to follow on-screen directions.
For more information, you can take help from Norton Support experts.