Facebook is a popular social media website and is used by over a billion users worldwide. Facebook not only has a huge customer base but it is also prone to get attacked by various types of virus. It is common to hear that some friend or relative has got his Facebook account hacked or get infected by virus. If you are among those people who have been affected by a Facebook virus, you should either take expert help of our Norton Customer Support team or you can choose to implement the following guidelines.
- First check if your account is hacked or not. Login into your Facebook account and change the password.
- Always keep in mind to fully log out when using Facebook on mobile. Never assume that you are logged out until you see the confirmation screen. Remember that if you are not properly logged out, anyone can access your account just by knowing your email address.
- If your friends are telling you that they are receiving the same kind of emails or unwanted spams from you, there are chances that you have virus on your system.
- First wipe out your internet cache, history and temporary internet files folder.
- Use Norton Security Scan to scan your whole system. Delete or remove any virus found after scanning.
- Download and install Cleaner software but run only cleaner and registry part of the program.
- Now change the Facebook password again.
- If your virus problem still persists even after following the above procedure, you are advised to perform system restore and go back to one of the checkpoints before the day when you started having the virus issue.
Hopefully you will be to clean up the Facebook virus by following these steps, however if you still face this problem, you can take help of our professional Norton Antivirus Support team.